Why stay here
Set on the outskirts of London in wooded grounds, away from the bustling city centre, is our site at Abbey Wood. You can enjoy the best of urban living and day trips to London from our base in the Borough of Greenwich - an area that is peppered with parks and open spaces.
There are all kinds of interesting places to check out in London, many within 10 miles of Abbey Wood and you can use the network of trains, buses and the underground to reach the heart of London, for attractions like the London Eye, Tower of London, the Science Museum, Tate Modern, Hyde Park and shopping hotspots like Oxford Street and Regent Street.
Family days out
Explore the sky at night at the Observatory and Peter Harrison Planetarium. Real astronomers bring the galaxy to life through talks and virtual planetarium shows of our solar system.
Animal lovers can not only visit the ZSL London Zoo but there are farms in London too! One of the largest inner city farms in Europe is Mudchute Farm and Park with acres of open space and a chance to feed the animals too. To get there follow the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the river to the Island of Dogs.
Glittering lights, music and dancing await you in London's West End where you can choose from many enthralling theatre productions. Closer to Abbey Wood is The Greenwich Theatre, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and Up the Creek Comedy Club who run entertainment for kids and adults.
Getting around London
The nearest station to London is under a 10-minute walk away and that takes you to Waterloo, London Bridge, Charing Cross and Cannon Street stations. Thanks to the network of buses and underground trains, London is very accessible.
Facilities on site
• Wi-Fi available
• Wash room / toilets
• Dish washing area
• Laundry facilities
• Pitches are: grass, non-electric
• Site shop: No, but there are supermarkets within 5 miles
• See what's inside your glamping pod
• Receive a welcome pack and information booklet about the area on arrival
Abbey wood Wi-Fi runs an average 77.2 Mbps. Fees may apply.
* Prices based on a stay between Monday and Thursdays during low season. Minimum stay for pods is two nights. Tent prices are based on two adults and a pitch. Bookings can be made online for tents up to 5x5 metres (approximately a four person tent). If you have a larger tent or specific requirements, please contact the site direct and site staff will help you with you booking. There may be an additional £2 surcharge per night for large tent pitches. Please read our FAQs for further booking information. Terms and conditions apply.
** Tent pitches available all year; glamping and camping pods available from 30 March 2018.